I love veggies! As a snack, with my meals but also in my drinks. These green smoothies are a quick and easy way to get a huge amount of fruits and veggies into your daily diet and satisfy your bodies crave for certain plant-based nutrients. But the most important thing is that they are tasty! I know that a lot of people are hesitant to try them for the first time, but you will get hooked once you do! And no, it doesn’t look dingy, it looks delicious.
Why a green smoothie a day makes you a healthier and happier version of yourself
- They help you stay healthy. It is such a simple way to boost your immune system when you don’t feel a 100%.
- Boost your energy level in a natural way.
- It helps you get a smooth skin and tight body.
- Are you a sucker for sweets? Replace your sugary snack with a green smoothie and you will see that the pounds will fly away without you having to sacrifice your sweet tooth.
What can I put in?
You want to put leafy greens in your green smoothie, combined with fruit and a liquid-base to make it smooth and easier to blend. If you want to go all out you can add some superfood. Dark leafy greens contain loads of super beneficial minerals, antioxidants, amino acids and phytonutrients. These are plant-based chemicals that support your immune system, improve your health and may reduce life- threatening diseases.
All you need to do is grab your blender and fill it up with the leafy greens, fruit and water/almond milk/liquid of your choice.
My all time favorite is a banana/spinach smoothie. This one is also great for the smoothie virgins among us because the banana makes it pretty sweet. The avocado makes this drink into more of a meal because it is pretty heavy haha. I really like coconutwater in my smoothie because it tastes tropical.
- 150 ml Coconutwater
- 0,5 banana
- 0,5 avocado
- 2-3 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
Turn the blender on, wait a minute and enjoy! What is your favorite green smoothie?